Medtronic Acquires Wearable Insulin Patch Maker EOFlow

Medtronic Acquires Wearable Insulin Patch Maker EOFlow

Medtronic plc announced on May 25 that it has entered into a set of definitive agreements to acquire EOFlow Co. Ltd. According to data captured in the LevinPro HC database, this represents the 46th Medical Devices transaction of the year. To the extent that all the public shares participate in the tender offer, the total consideration for the acquisition of the shares in EOFlow would be KRW 971 billion, or $738 million USD. EOFlow is a South Korean medical device company founded in 2011 and is headquartered in Seongnam, South Korea, with additional offices in San Jose, California. EOFlow’s flagship product is the EOPatch® device, a wearable insulin patch pump that provides continuous... Read More »
Stryker Acquires Cerus Endovascular

Stryker Acquires Cerus Endovascular

Stryker Corp. announced on May 2 that it completed its acquisition of Cerus Endovascular Ltd. According to data captured in the LevinPro HC database, this represents the 41st Medical Devices transaction of the year.  Cerus Endovascular is a privately held, commercial-stage, medical device company engaged in the design and development of neurointerventional devices for the treatment of intracranial aneurysms. Stryker develops, manufactures and markets specialty surgical and medical products. These include orthopedic implants, powered surgical instruments, endoscopic systems and patient care and handling equipment. Stryker impacts more than 130 million patients annually. Stryker’s... Read More »
Stryker Acquires Cerus Endovascular

Northgate Technologies Acquires Houston Startup Allotrope Medical

Illinois-based Northgate Technologies Inc. has announced its acquisition of Allotrope Medical to further its goal in optimizing the surgical environment for minimally invasive surgery. According to data captured in the LevinPro HC database, this acquisition represents the 39th Medical Devices transaction of the year. Allotrope Medical is a Houston-based startup that has designed an electrosurgical ureter identification system for optimizing surgery for both robotic and non-robotic laparoscopic procedures. The StimSite technology is a hand-held device used by general and OB/GYN surgeons and has received a Safer Technologies Program designation from the FDA. Allotrope Medical was founded in... Read More »
Xtant Medical Acquires Coflex and Cofix Product Lines for $17 Million

Xtant Medical Acquires Coflex and Cofix Product Lines for $17 Million

Xtant Medical Holdings, Inc. announced that it purchased the product lines of Coflex and Cofix from Surgalign Holdings, Inc. for $17 million. The deal closed on February 28, 2023. UBS Investment Bank served as the exclusive financial advisor and DLA Piper LLP served as legal counsel to Surgalign. Fox Rothschild LLP served as legal counsel to Xtant. Coflex is an interlaminar stabilization device used after an open decompression that can be performed in various settings, offering a non-fusion treatment option for lumbar spinal stenosis patients. Cofix is a supplemental fixation device, which is a minimally invasive system intended for use on all levels of the lumbar spine. Xtant Medical is a... Read More »
Globus Medical Merges With NuVasive in $3.1 Billion Deal

Globus Medical Merges With NuVasive in $3.1 Billion Deal

Globus Medical has announced its merger with San Diego-based NuVasive, Inc. in an all-stock deal valued at $3.1 billion. Following the close of the transaction, Globus Medical shareholders will own about 72% of the combined company and NuVasive shareholders will own the remaining 28%. NuVasive will allow Globus to support more patients and expand its commercial reach in the $50 billion global musculoskeletal market. The combined company will have an 11-member board composed of all eight directors from Globus Medical’s board and three directors from NuVasive’s board. The deal is expected to be completed by mid-2023. NuVasive is a medical device company based in San Diego. The... Read More »
Abbott Acquires Cardiovascular Systems for $890 Million

Abbott Acquires Cardiovascular Systems for $890 Million

Abbott is expanding its cardiovascular device portfolio with its acquisition of Cardiovascular Systems. Under terms of the agreement, Cardiovascular Systems’ stockholders will receive $20 per common share at a total expected equity value of approximately $890 million. J.P. Morgan Securities LLC served as the financial advisor to Cardiovascular Systems. The transaction is expected to be neutral to Abbott’s 2023 ongoing earnings per share guidance. Cardiovascular Systems is a medical device company focused on the development and commercialization of solutions for treating complex peripheral vascular disease and coronary artery disease. Abbott manufactures and sells healthcare... Read More »